The First-ever Metaverse Ceremony
- Date: 8 April 2022 (Friday)
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Venue: Metaverse
Y-LOT is hosting the Hong Kong SciTech Pioneers Award Metaverse Ceremony to celebrate the valuable contribution of young outstanding scientists and startups that are under the Y-LOT SciTech 4 Pillars. This innovative Ceremony is one of its kind! We are dedicated to help all our SciTech pioneers to realise their potential and share their long-term vision of the most innovative ideas.
In this Meta-Ceremony, it allows you to experience the virtual world with endless imagination, where you experience disruptive and innovative science research and startup ideas first hand! Let’s join us in this exciting Meta-Ceremony that gathers all the great minds and recognises their achievements.
Purposes of the Award Ceremony
- To present the prizes and recognitions to the awardees
- To provide exposure and an opportunity for the public to understand the development of Science and Technology in Hong Kong
- To inspire the public especially the youth to aspire and pursue their dreams by introducing paths and resources
Highlights of the Award
All awardees and short-listed applicants in Hong Kong SciTech Pioneers Award will be granted guaranteed interviews to Entrepreneur First programme in Singapore April.
Deep Tech Pioneering Startup – HKD 15,000
Biotechnology Pioneering Startup – HKD 15,000
Space Science Emerging Scientist – HKD 10,000
Environmental Science Emerging Scientist – HKD 10,000
Deep Tech/ Biotechnology Pioneering Startups
- Level of plausibility in terms of commercial viability, market potential, business model, scalability etc.
- Level of innovation in terms of potential to disrupt
- Level of rigor of Operational and Financial strategy or plan if applicable
- Level of rigor of team background and strength in terms of expertise, capabilities, commitment etc. to execute
- Level of potential impact of the startup on economy or society in terms GDP, social impact etc.
Space/ Environmental Science Pioneering Scientists
- Level of Excellence in research – Has the candidate carried out any outstanding work or secured (significant) funding for research in recent times?
- Level of Potential – Is it likely that the candidate will develop into a world-class researcher in the years to come?
- Level of Impact of Contribution – in terms of advancing the frontiers of science, creating new knowledge?
- Level of Drive and Initiative – Does the candidate strive for excellence in his/ her work and, in doing so, show great drive in his/her research endeavours?
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this event (or by members of the project team) do not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Innovation and Technology Commission or the Vetting Committee of the General Support Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund.